Customer, Marketing, Promotions, Events and Social Media Privacy Notice
Last updated: 21 June 2023
- Personal Information We Collect
- How and Why We Use Your Information
- How We Disclose and Share Personal Information
- Your Sharing
- Children’s Privacy
- Protection of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Managing Your Privacy Rights and Choices
- About Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Using the Boxraw website with Third-Party Products and Services
- Questions, Feedback and Metrics
- Additional State-Specific Information
Boxraw may provide you with additional privacy notices that will apply to certain personal information collected and processed by us. For example, we may provide additional notice to provide more specific information if you choose to take advantage of a particular partner promotion. This Policy does not apply to your personal information if you work for us as an employee or independent contractor, apply for a job at Boxraw, or interact with third party partners or websites that are linked to or accessible from Boxraw’s website.
2. Personal Information We Collect
Boxraw collects personal information directly from you, automatically when you use our website or interact with us, and from third parties. The definition of “personal information” depends on the applicable law of where you reside. For purposes of this policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual or household. This does not include aggregated or de-identified information that is maintained in a form that cannot reasonably be used to infer information about, or otherwise be linked to, a particular individual or household.
Personal Information Collected Directly from You.
We ask you for certain personal information to provide you with the products or services you request. The personal information we collect from you depends on how you interact with us or use our website. This personal information includes your:
- Identifiers. We collect certain personal information from you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, password, and other identifiers, as well as any personal and demographic information that you share with us, such as gender, hometown, photos, and images you provide to us or post to your profile, or product preferences. When you make a purchase, we collect your payment or credit card information and shipping and billing address.
- Commercial Information. We collect information about your purchases, favorites, and items that you view or add to your cart.
- Communications. When you communicate with us, we collect your contact details and keep a record of the communications, as well as our responses. We may also maintain records of information that you post on our social media channels, and information you provide to us related to any customer support requests.
- Physical Characteristics. We collect information on your physical characteristics, such as estimated apparel size.
- Contests and Promotions. If you participate in contests and promotions that we offer, we may collect your personal information and other registration information related to contests, and promotions.
- Events Information. We also collect personal information related to your participation in our events. For example, if you register for or attend an event that we host or sponsor, we may collect information related to your registration for and participation in such event.
Personal Information We Derive or Collect Automatically.
We and our third-party service providers automatically collect personal information related to your use of our website and interactions with us and others, including when you enable certain features within our website. This information includes:
- Location information. We may collect or derive approximate or precise location information about you. How we collect this information depends on how you use and interact with our website and your device settings. For example, we may derive your general location through your IP address. We may collect your precise geolocation (GPS) information from your device or browser, including with your permission available via your device or browser. You may turn off precise location information sharing through your device settings.
- Device information. When you interact with our website, we collect technical information about your device including your IP address; unique identifiers; unique device identifier and device type; domain, browser type, version, and language; operating system and system settings; general location information and time zone; and similar device and usage information.
- Audio, visual and other electronic data. We may collect audio, visual, and other electronic data, such as through CCTV footage from our stores, offices or premises, and call recordings.
- Inferences. To personalize your experience on the website, we may draw inferences using your personal information, to create a profile reflecting your interests, preferences, and characteristics.
Personal Information from Third Parties.
We may collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including when you use our website with third-party products and sources. This includes:
- Information from Third Party Products and Services. If you connect your Boxraw account or access our website through third-party products or services (such as app stores or social media platforms), we may collect information about you from that third-party product or service.
- Information from Partners. With your consent where required, we may obtain information about how you participate or engage with marketing campaigns and/or events that Boxraw sponsors jointly with third-party partners.
Third-party products and services may control the information they collect and share about you. For information about how these third parties may use and disclose your information, please consult their respective privacy policies.
3. How and Why We Use Your Information
Boxraw collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes the personal information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To Provide the Features of the website and the Services You Request. When you use our website, we will use your personal information to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Boxraw.com, we will use your personal information to fulfil your order and complete the transaction. If you participate in a promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased, to help you resolve a problem or question.
- To Send Marketing and Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes. If you are an existing customer of Boxraw (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provide to send you marketing communications about similar Boxraw products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Boxraw products or services, such as your use of Boxraw’s website, to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- For Research, analytics, and improvement. We use information to better understand how consumers engage with the website and our products and offerings, including consumer behavior and preferences. We administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes. We also use information for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our website and business operations, to develop services and features, and for internal quality control and training purposes. For example, we may use information about how consumers engage with Boxraw.com to search for and find products, to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
- To Personalize Your Experience and Our website. We use personal information, including inferences drawn from your personal information to tailor and personalize your experience on our website.
- To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services. We use the personal information you provide to us to operate, improve, and maintain our business, products, and services. We may use personal information about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our website. We also use information to consider and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other business transactions such as financings, and as related to the administration of our general business, accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, legal and other internal functions.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We may also use your personal information as part of legal proceedings, to respond to legal process, and to comply with court orders, governmental requests, or applicable law.
- Other purposes. We may also use your personal information in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
4. How We Disclose and Share Personal Information
Boxraw may disclose and share personal information we collect with the following types of entities and recipients:
- To our affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and service providers. We may disclose personal information to our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as service providers, vendors and others for business purposes and to perform functions on our behalf (such as those who process credit cards and payments, perform shipping and deliveries; host, manage and service our data; provide technical support or logistics services; secure our website; distribute emails; perform research and analysis; manage brand and product promotions; and administer certain services and features on our website).
- To other website users. Your username and any information that you post to our website, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and other text, will be available to, and searchable by, other users of the website. You can review and make changes to who can view your profile in your account settings.
- Third Party Partners Connected to Your Account. If you hold an account with Boxraw, we may disclose your personal information to third parties that we work with to bring you special offers or who may contact you about products, services and offers you may be interested in. Boxraw enables you to connect our website or link your Account with third-party memberships, products, and services. If you choose to connect your Boxraw account or membership, we will share certain personal information with third-party partners who may process your personal information in accordance with the privacy policies of those third parties. The information may include information generated through your use of the website (such as profile and purchase information).
- To Third-Party Advertising and Social Platforms and Networks. We may disclose or make available personal information to third-party platforms and providers to obtain personalized and tailored advertising services, to provide or make available certain features or portions of the website, or as necessary to respond to your requests. For example, we make information collected via cookies and similar technologies on our website available to third-party advertising companies to serve you with relevant ads and content and to manage, improve and measure our advertising campaigns (see About Cookies and Similar Technologies below for more information). We also use third party services to match information that we hold with personal information in their database to create custom audiences and tailor advertising to your interests on the Internet, including social media, as permitted by applicable law. Providing tailored advertising services may be considered a “sale,” “sharing” for cross-context behavioral advertising, or “targeted advertising,” as defined by applicable law. We do not disclose, sell, or share personal information to third parties for money or compensation. You may opt-out of cross-context behavioral advertising or targeted advertising by using the relevant settings available in our website. Please see Managing Your Privacy Rights and Choices below for additional information.
- Retail Store Partners. We may share your personal information with partners of our Boxraw retail stores to help them manage in-store activities and events. For example, Boxraw may share a list of attendees with the partners who organizes an event.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
5. Your Sharing
When you use certain social features on our website, you can make your profile public that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including product reviews and information about your Boxraw activity. This content, including any information that you post to our website, will be available to other users of the website. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Boxraw’s social sharing to control what information you make available through Boxraw’s social features.
6. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
If you’re a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected your child’s information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Protection of Personal Information
We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, that are intended to protect your personal information. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
8. Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you at the time of collection, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your Boxraw account, but we may keep your purchase history longer to comply with our legal, tax, accounting and recordkeeping obligations, administer applicable returns and warranty programs, and for research, development and safety purposes, as well as an additional period of time as necessary to protect, defend or establish our rights, defend against potential claims or comply with legal obligations.
9. Managing Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You may have certain rights identified below under applicable laws of where you reside with respect to your personal information. We have full discretion in choosing to voluntarily provide you with some or all of those rights regardless of the state in which you reside. Please refer to Additional State-Specific Information to determine the rights you have in the state you reside.
Depending upon the applicable law, access to your rights may be denied, such as: (a) when denial is required or permitted by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on another's privacy; or (c) to protect our rights and properties.
The privacy rights you may have include the following:
- Right to know and access your personal information. You may have the right to know what personal information we collect about you, including the categories of personal information, the sources from and purposes for which we collect it, and the types of recipients we disclose it to, and to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we maintain about you.
- Right to correct your personal information. Right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Right to delete your personal information. You may request the deletion of their personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt out of “sales” or “sharing” for cross-context behavioral advertising or targeted advertising. You may request to opt-out of our sale of your personal information and sharing of their personal information for cross context behavioral advertising or targeted advertising. We share your personal information with third parties (such as marketing and advertising networks and social platforms) for behavioral advertising or disclose your personal information to other third-party partners in accordance with your privacy settings and/or consent. These types of disclosures of your personal information may be deemed a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information under applicable privacy laws.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under certain laws.
Exercising your Rights and Choices.
You may submit privacy rights requests and manage your privacy choices in several ways.
Submitting Privacy Rights Requests.
You may request to access your personal information (both the categories of data we collect, which is laid out in this policy, and specific pieces of information), obtain an electronic copy of your personal information, correct your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate, or delete or restrict sharing of your personal information in certain circumstances, as provided by applicable law.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for making these requests. If you request to delete your account, you can create a new account on our website at any time.
- Verification. We will verify your request either through a message sent to the email address associated with your account (so you must have access to this email account) or by asking you to provide information matching what we have for you within our systems. We will process your request based upon the personal information in our records that is linked or reasonably linkable to the information provided in your request. In some cases, we may request additional information to verify your request or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor.
- Authorized Agents. You or your authorized agent may request to exercise your rights. Before we can act on a request from your authorized agent, we may require verification of your identity and proof from the authorized agent that they can act on your behalf. We may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
- Contacting Us. If you have a request regarding your personal information that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us. Contact details, a link to the webform for these requests, and reported metrics on consumer requests, can be found in the Questions, Feedback and Metrics section below.
- Denials and Appeals. If we deny your request, we will notify you and provide our reasons for the denial and instructions regarding the rights you may have under applicable laws to appeal the decision. If the appeal is denied, we will notify you of your rights under applicable laws to contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing.
You can opt-out by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the Questions, Feedback and Metrics section below.
Managing your cookie and advertising preferences.
There are several ways that you can manage your preferences for cookies and advertising by us and on our websites. You can review or change your preferences for most cookies and tags on our websites, other than those that are necessary for operation and functionality, by adjusting your cookie settings in your browser.
These preferences are browser and device specific, so you will need to set your preferences for each browser and device you use, and if you subsequently delete or block cookies, you may need to reapply these settings. Learn more by reviewing the About Cookies and Similar Technologies section below.
Opt-out of Targeted Advertising.
We share your personal information with third parties (such as marketing and advertising networks and social platforms) for targeted advertising. These types of disclosures of your personal information may be deemed a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information under applicable privacy laws. However, Boxraw does not disclose, sell, share, or rent your personal information for money or compensation. You may opt out of targeted advertising by emailing us at email@example.com.
Update Your Profile Information.
You can update certain personal information, like your email, address, and phone number, by logging in and updating it through your Boxraw account settings.
Additional tools to manage what data we collect.
Your web browser or mobile device platform may also provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares certain categories of personal information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your device.
For more information about our privacy practices and your privacy choices, you may contact us as set forth in the Questions, Feedback and Metrics section below.
10. About Cookies and Similar Technologies
Third-Party Technologies and Services.
You may see our ads on other websites, such as our partner’s websites, because we use third-party ad services. Through these ad services, we can show you ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. These ad services may also track your online activities over time and across multiple websites by collecting information through automated means. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party websites and apps that participate in these ad services.
Managing Your Cookie Preferences.
We make available several ways for you to manage your cookies within our website. Many of these are browser and device specific, which means that you need to set the preference for each browser and device you use to access our website; in addition, if you delete or block cookies, you may need to reapply these preferences. Further, opting out of cookies and advertising as discussed below does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising content from us. You may continue to receive generic or contextual ads from us.
You can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, turn off new app tracking requests, adjust your tracking preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy & Security > Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
Industry ad choice programs.
If you are in the U.S., you can obtain more information and opt out of receiving targeted ads from participating third-party ad networks at aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance). Please note that opting out of participating ad networks does not opt you out of being served advertising. You may continue to receive generic or ‘contextual’ ads on our website. You may also continue to receive targeted ads on other websites, from companies that do not participate in the above programs.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Boxraw website or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. Your browser may offer choices to manage your cookies, including blocking all or third-party cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our website more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do Not Track.
Please note that we do not recognize or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the “Do Not Track” feature your browser might have. If you wish to disable cookies on our website, you should not rely on any “Do Not Track” feature your browser might have.
11. Using the Boxraw website with Third-Party Products and Services
If you choose to connect your Boxraw account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Boxraw activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our website may provide links to other third-party websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
13. Questions, Feedback and Metrics
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide feedback.
14. Additional State-Specific Information
Information for California Residents
Categories of Personal Information Collected.
We collect the personal information detailed in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above. This information includes the following categories of personal information as defined under California law:
- Personal Information described in California Section 1798.80(e)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other electronic activity information
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Sensitive personal information, specifically: (a) log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account, (b) precise geolocation information; and (c) personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes.
The personal information we process varies based upon our relationship and interactions with you. We may disclose the categories of personal information described above for the business purposes outlined in “How and Why We Use Personal Information.”The recipients to whom we may disclose your personal information (and that may have received such information during the last 12-months) for business purposes include: our affiliates and subsidiaries; order processing, fulfillment, shipping, and logistics vendors; payment processors and financial institutions; analytics and research vendors; information technology vendors; fraud prevention and security vendors; vendors supporting legal, compliance, accounting, audits and other internal functions; and certain marketing and advertising vendors.
Categories of Personal Information Shared with Third Parties.
We share your personal information with third parties (such as marketing and advertising networks and social platforms) for behavioral advertising or with other third-party partners in accordance with your privacy settings and/or consent. These types of disclosures of your personal information may be deemed a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information under California privacy laws. California privacy laws define a “sale” as disclosing or making available personal information to a third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” broadly includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third party for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising or with affiliates and business partners. Boxraw does not disclose, sell, share, or rent your personal information to third parties in exchange for money or compensation. Further, we do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information, nor do we “sell” or “share” any personal information about individuals who we know are under the age of 16. Below is an overview of categories of third parties with whom we share your information and the categories of personal information they receive:
|Categories of Third Parties||Categories of Personal Information|
|Advertising and Social Platforms and Networks||
|Third Party Partners Connected to Your Account (in accordance with your privacy settings and/or your consent)||
California residents have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- To know what personal information is collected
- To access personal information
- To correct personal information
- To delete personal information
- To opt-out of the “sale” of personal information
- To opt-out of “sharing” of personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising
- To limit the use of sensitive personal information
- To non-discrimination
These rights are further detailed in Managing Your Privacy Rights and Choices above. California residents may exercise their privacy rights by following the instructions included in Exercising your Rights and Choices.
Notice of Financial Incentive Programs.
We offer consumers the ability to become a Boxraw Black Card Account Member, which provides certain perks, rewards, and exclusive offers. We may also provide consumers with price discounts and coupons, as well as access to programs, such as contests, or other similar promotional campaigns. These programs may be considered “financial incentives” programs under California law.
Please follow the instructions provided here to opt-in to the financial incentive by becoming a Boxraw Black Card Member. For our other programs, follow the directions provided with the program announcement to learn the terms of such programs and opt-in.
When you sign up for one of these programs, we may ask you to provide your contact details (such as email address and/or phone number), collect information about your activities on our website and your purchases, and draw inferences about your preferences, and collect other categories of personal information about you. The value of your personal information to us is reasonably related to the value of the perks, rewards, exclusive offers and discounts, or other benefits that are provided as part of the applicable program. We estimate the value of personal information by considering factors, including but not limited to, expenses related to the collection, storage, and retention of personal information in the context of the program and the expenses related to the administration of the program. The overall value of personal information to us is depends on what offerings you take advantage of and whether you opt-out of any offerings.
Your participation in any financial incentive program is optional, and you may withdraw from the program at any time:
- For marketing-based incentives, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the communication.
- For membership-based incentives, you may delete your account through your account settings, by submitting a request through our via email to email@example.com. Please use the include “Financial Incentive Program Opt-Out” in your request.
Shine the Light.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third-party sharing in the prior calendar year. To submit a “Shine the Light” request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include in your request a current California address and your attestation that you are a California resident. For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in Questions, Feedback and Metrics section above.
Information for Virginia Residents
Personal Information Collected.
We collect the personal information detailed in the Personal Information We Collect section above.
Purposes of Processing Personal Information.
The purposes for processing personal information are described under How and Why We Use Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information.
We disclose and share your personal information as described under How We Disclose and Share Personal Information
Personal Information Processed for Targeted Advertising.
We process and disclose the following categories of personal information for targeted advertising: identifiers, device information, online activity and browsing information, and inferences. We share each of these categories of personal information Advertising and Social Platforms and Networks. Privacy Rights.
Virginia residents have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- To access personal information
- To correct personal information
- To delete personal information
- To opt-out of targeted advertising
- To non-discrimination
- To appeal
These rights are further detailed in Managing Your Privacy Rights and Choices above. Virginia residents may exercise their privacy rights by following the instructions included in Exercising your Rights and Choices.